Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blood and Fire - Introduction

This is my third story inspired by Jane Austen, one of my favorite writers. 

The title "Blood and Fire" is taken from the motto on the flag of The Salvation Army.  The flag is a symbol of the Trinity and a reminder of the salvation and sanctification of a believer's spiritual journey.  The red background or "blood" on the flag represents the sacrifice and atonement of Jesus Christ.  The yellow flame or "fire" represents the baptism and empowering of the Holy Spirit.  The blue frame represents the purity and holiness of God. 

"Pride and Prejudice" is a wonderful story which I've attempted to borrow placing the characters in a modern setting with overtones that relate to the life of a Salvationist within the ranks of The Salvation Army which I've been raised and currently participating in.

I've kept a few of my favorite characters from my other stories that will show up occasionally even though it isn't quite true to the original.  Some of the places have changed too but with an attempt to keep within the context and atmosphere of the P & P story.

By the way, it is not written in the traditional past tense "he said/she said" model, rather the style is in present tense allowing the reader to experience the mood of the room instead of just being an observer of emotion.  It may take a few pages to be comfortable with this new concept, but take a moment to pause, breathe, and settle in, it will be okay.

I hope you enjoy your time reading this version.

No comments:

Post a Comment