Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Covenant - Introduction

"Persuasion" is my most favorite of all Jane Austen stories.  There are some changes that I will be making to make it feel more modern as well as to relate it within a Salvation Army setting. In contrast to the original story Fredrick Wentworth's name has been changed to Rick Wentworth.  Also rather than having Annie being the age of 27 since many women are choosing to get married later in life due to gaining their education and travel experience, I've chosen to make her a little older having the age of 35.  One of the settings of the story will be Service Corps which is short-term ministry in urban areas or overseas. I think it one of the best opportunites that the Army provides for young adults.  If you ever have a chance to go, or the opportunity to encourage someone else, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment