Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Crest & Shield - Introduction

I am a huge fan of Jane Austen and all things related to her -- pre-quels, sequels, modern adaptations, any type of adaptation, etc.  A few weeks ago I went to see "Aisha" the Bollywood version of Emma (it was great by the way - if you haven't seen "I have Found It" a Bollywood version of Sense and Sensibility" - it is worth seeing as well.)

Anyway this got me to thinking about all the different versions of Jane Austen's books that I have watched including the LDS version of  Pride and Prejudice that is an interesting take as well too.  This particular movie has references and allusions to different events and experiences within their worship congregation.

As I was thinking about it, I thought it might be fun to write a new version of Sense and Sensibility but Salvation Army style which is what I have attempted to do.

At times it is a bit tongue-in-cheek and is only meant for entertainment purposes not to make any type of statement one way or another about anything.  Hopefully this version will be enjoyable and a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment